Miami has long been one of the world’s most popular vacation spots. It is a town full of diverse culture, art, and beautiful beaches. It is highly recommended that you rent a car to get around, but be prepared for heavy traffic areas downtown and near the beaches. There are also several public transportation options, including: Metrorail, Metromover (specifically for downtown), the Miami Trolley, and Tri-Rail for the exploring Miami’s various neighborhoods. Plan your trip by exploring some of the unique offerings each neighborhood can provide:
- Downtown: primarily business district, home of American Airlines Arena and HistoryMiami Museum
- Design District & Wynwood: art district filled with galleries and boutiques
- Little Havana: replica of Cuba’s capital city, stick to the West side
- Key Biscayne: isolated, quiet island filled with resorts and beaches
- Coral Gables: high-end shopping, Mediterranean-style architecture
- Coconut Grove: CocoWalk for more chain restaurants and stores, near University of Miami
December through February is the most popular time to visit, as tourists flock to the area to escape the colder temperatures in the northern states. The best time to visit is March through May, where temperatures remain comfortably in the 80s and hurricanes are far less likely during this time. If you visit in March, you may have to contend with busier beaches since this is typically when college students are on spring break.
Luckily, there are fun events in Miami year-round for you to look forward to no matter when you decide to visit. Book your Florida vacation today, and check out the Vacation Planning Resource Center for information to guide you on your next trip!
Top Things To Do In Miami
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Boat Shows
- Dolphin Swims
- Auto Racing